good things take time

One of the most common pieces of advice given to the newly single is: don't rush into anything.  Another bit is: When you meet someone you are interested in take your time.  And another is:  Don't write someone off just because it doesn't click right away.

Now I'm the first to say err on the side of caution.  Goodness knows if I had taken that advice a few more times I probably wouldn't be blogging on this particular topic, let alone have the scrapes and abrasions from the times I've leaped before looking!  Some due diligence is important.  Taking a breathe and not being blown away by initial charm, a cute butt or the recommendation of a friend is also probably not a bad idea.

But I've come to realise that once I get in tune with the red flags (oh the red flags) and manage to dodge them, I've also got to take notice of my own instincts a bit more.  I have to trust those and believe in my own judgement.  Which, in brutal honesty can mean that I think we know when someone is not going to be right within a few minutes of meeting them.  I was told once that you might not be able to recognise a ''YES" when you first come across it, but you will certainly know the NO's.    And waiting waiting for a yes when you already no it's a no is probably not a good place to start.

I always wanted to beleive it was possible to change ones mind. That this stuff can grow.

I met a YES recently.  It's converted me.

Do you believe that to be true?  Be honest...do relationships really truly evolve from nothing to something to something amazing...or is it more likely that there is a flash of ''yes!!!!"' right at the start?

No comments:

Post a Comment