dating 101

A sneaky blog title...becuase this is my 101st post on SME.

Actually I didn't realise I'd even got to 100 until now...and somewhat ironic that the celebration and reflections of the single life was marked with a post about abusive relationships.

But, there it was, and here I am.

I'm now a month down the track from the end of something.  I can't call it more than something as actually, I never really knew what it was.  I had an idea of what I wanted it to be.  I definitely knew what it wasn't.  I've shed a few tears over what didn't happen, and a few over what did.  I've bored friends with the details (well a few friends with fewer details).  I'm sad but resigned to the fact that I made (another) bad decision.

I've spent a fair bit of time navel gazing on this one too - even more than I do in this blog, and more than just boring the same friends with the same questions.  I really want to know how it can be that I can make such spectacularly bad decisions over and over again.  Maybe I should stop defining them as good or bad perhaps.  But you get my drift here.    Either way, I've learned a little more about myself.  Good and bad:)/

There's a theory that says we keep being given life lessons until we learn them.  I'm hoping this time I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment