it's JUST a date

http://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/newsflash_its_just_a_date.htm

I read it, I paid attention to some of it, and now I've just put a piece of advice into practise.

Somewhere in the depths of that book, the author tells us that it's the man that's supposed to do all the work (see yesterdays blog for more on this...).  But he also offers some creative ways to get the guy to do the work, without having to do the asking.  It goes like this:
Instead of the girl asking for a date, you say something like ''so when are you going to ask me out", which supposedly gives the guy a clue that you are interested but still gives him the chance to feel like he's in control.  Well it all sounds a bit convoluted to me, but I'm prepared to give it a go.

So today, after waiting patiently for a week, I rang ''call me call me guy'' (who, it should be noted, has given me his phone number several times...'just so i can ring if i want to'') and left a message:
Hi it's me.  Sorry I missed you...but if you would like to ring me back and ask me out, I'd be glad to say yes.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Love it....I would never have had the guts to do that....mind you no one ever kept giving me their number just so I could ring it either....sounds like a good plan to me....he obviously wants you to call

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it's not all that brave...i rang when i knew there would be no one home...

    ReplyDelete