holding out for a hero

The intention of this blog is to be able to give a voice to the things I know so many post-coupled people are thinking and feeling.

Today, I'm feeling a weird combination of glad and sad.  I recently made a decision.  I know that I am not the kind of person that will be happy with a half-pie relationship.  I'm all for go slow, I'm all for one day at a time.  But what I mean is, I just know that anything too casual is going to end in tears.

So I've made that rule for myself.  No hookups here.

I'm sad because right now I'm risking saying goodbye to something I don't want to say goodbye to.  But I'm glad because I know that above all I have to be true to myself.  And if that 'something' thinks I'm worth not saying goodbye to, too, it won't be in vain. (and of course, if I'm not worth it, there's nothing lost).

So yes, I guess I'm holding out for a hero.  I'm worth it.  We all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment