constant craving

There's just no pleasing some people.
(Oh, that includes me.)

I have 4 full days and nights ahead of me, completely childfree.  The world is my oyster. I could go away and stay at the beach. Take off to a big city. Heck I could probably jump on a plane and go somewhere far away.
I could sleep in.  I could work hard today and then take a couple of days off.  Or I could lie around reading books and drinking coffee.

I should be revelling in the bliss of being just me.  Of not having to answer to anyone or anything.  The house looks as clean and tidy as it did an hour ago.  four hours ago.  a day ago.  I got up late.  Watched the news from my bed.   It's my music on the stereo.  I can spend as long as i want in the shower.  I could probably do with a trip to the beauty therapist, maybe i should book right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet and calm.  The overriding feeling is still one of contentment.  But a little bit of me is....well, it's bored? Lonely?  I want a grown up to talk to.  I want to have a real, meaningful conversation.  With a real, meaningful person.   I want to cook for more than one.  I want someone to kiss goodnight ..and good morning...and maybe good afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment